Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dear Eisley, on the week before your birthday

Dear Eisley,

This is you, only two days old!
You will be one year old in 6 days.  I think I am denial.  I look at you, and I am having a harder and harder time time seeing the little newborn that I waited on so anxiously.  Before my eyes you have turned into a spirited, hilarious, beautiful, cranky little girl who's cheeks don't touch her shoulders anymore.  I feel so much.  I know that sounds like a weird statement, but I don't know how else to say it.  I feel so proud to be your mom.  I feel so sad that you are no longer teeny tiny.  I feel so blessed that you are growing and healthy and making such huge strides every day.  I feel so honored that God chose me to be your mommy.  I just feel so much more than I ever did before you came into my life, wide eyed and feisty.

This is you now!  So big!
I can't wait to see what kind of little girl you will become this next year.  I try to imagine you sometimes, but I feel like it's a wasted effort because I know you will be a million times more amazing than anything I could ever imagine.  It's like looking at a beautiful painting, a masterpiece, without glasses on.  You can catch some of the color and a bit of the form, but you miss the essence of the painting.  I do know this, you will be amazing.


Sweet, wonderful Eisley- you have been the biggest blessing in our lives, and your daddy and I adore you more than you will ever know.  Especially now that you have started sleeping through the night!  *wink*  But seriously now, I have so many hopes and dreams for you.  I hope that you will know God so much more deeply than your father and I do.  I hope that you will be confident, happy, and humble.  I hope that you know so much joy in your life, and feel incredibly loved all the time.  I hope your daddy and I do a good enough job of letting you know every day how much we love and adore you.  How special you are, how beautiful inside and out.  I dream that you will have so many good friends that you will have to schedule play-dates two weeks in advance.  I dream that you will find a passion at a young age, and cultivate it throughout your life.

You have so much ahead of you, and I am so excited to cheer you on, kiss your boo boos, and teach you how to ride a bike.  I can't wait to watch you get excited over the swimming polar bear the first time we go to the zoo.  Seriously kiddo, you make this life a million times more beautiful.  Even though you can be a big old crab sometimes, watching you change from a squishy little newborn into an adventuresome little toddler has been one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

Mommy loves you, so so much.  I can't wait to watch you dig into your very own, very first birthday cake.  It will be amazing and exciting.  Just don't be surprised if I shed a tear or two.  After all, you are my baby, and you are growing up.

Love Forever,


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment