Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Beginning to Feather the Nest

It's a gray evening promising snow here in Kansas City.  I figure that it's as good a time as any to start a new blog!




I am a wife in my 20's, and in about a month I will also be a new mom.  Which is crazy.  And amazing.  These past 8 (well 9, because what they don't tell you is that pregnancy really lasts for 10) months have gone by so fast!  We're still painting and decorating and cleaning and planning... and probably will be right up until our little girl is born, because we are horrible procrastinators.  So this blog will be all about getting ready for baby, having baby, and jumping headfirst into first-time parenthood.  In the midst of all that, I've been making what I can for my baby girl, trying to be as much of a DIY-er as possible to save us some cash and hopefully to leave my princess with some hand-made goodies she can treasure when she gets older.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  =)

I can't wait to share my adventures in DIY-ing, cloth diapering, not sleeping, and new-mommy-ing.  Ok well, hopefully there's less of the not sleeping going on than I'm afraid of.  Naiive?  Sure, but a girl can hope, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment