Thursday, January 12, 2012

Confessions of a Pinterest Addict

Have you heard of Pinterest.com?  If you haven't, you should definitely check it out.  Although I will warn you, it will consume you!  Basically it's one big idea-board where you can personalize your own "boards"with things that you've found online that you love.  I've found way too many ideas for our little girls nursery, crafts, design ideas, and amazing recipes.

Needless to say I have way more pins than I've been able to try out, but these are a few of my favorites found on pinterest that I have tried, and have loved!

I've made a couple of these baby blankets so far, and plan to make a couple more, they are so cute and easy!  This is from the blog "Greener Grass."

http://melissadark.blogspot.com/2011/09/easy-baby-blanket-tutorial.html


I've also decided to make all my babe's fitted crib sheets.  Because I cannot for the life of me find sheets that I like.  Why must everything baby be pastel-colored?  I hate pastels!  Thank goodness this is an easy project that does not involve to much in the way of advanced sewing, because my sewing machine sat neglected in the basement for quite a few years, I'm ashamed to say...

The tutorial I used is this one from Tracy's Treasury, although you can find TONS all over the web.

http://www.tracystreasury.com/do-it-yourself/sewing/4baby/fittedsheets/cribsheets.html


The last one I will share with you today is one of my favorites.  I MAY have made about 20 of these after finding this tutorial from Cally Cruze.  They are super cute, easy, and WAAAAY cheaper than buying a bunch of pairs of real BabyLegs.

http://cally-cruze.blogspot.com/2009/03/baby-legs-tutorial.html


To see more of the projects and baby-goodness I have on my pinterest page, feel free to check it out here.  And now I should be off to make another fitted sheet, because I am running short on baby-free time here!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. (I hear you about the pastel sheets.) Good luck with all of your future endeavors- blog, decorating, sewing and especially your sweet baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) Why do they think Babies can't like bright awesome colors, right? thanks for the encouragement basketbabe!

    ReplyDelete