Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dear Pinterest, you are a time-sucking vortex of craftiness

It's been a while since I've posted all the pinteresting things I've been adding to my crafty to-do list these days.  The list keeps getting longer and longer, and my free time keeps getting shorter and shorter.  Ah, the mommy life.

http://katiedid.squarespace.com/katie-did-journal/2009/1/7/old-tricks.html
First.  I've been making a cute little patchwork quilt for Eisley.  It's been easy and fun, and I already have fabric ready to go for quilt number two.  It's feeding my fabric addiction.  Don't judge.  Anywho, in the spirit of quilt making, I've been drooling over This modern, easy, adorable quilt.  Another example here.  I'm telling you.  Check these quilts out.  They are on my list.

I've also been pinning bunches of re-usable snack bag tutorials.  Like this one and this one.  They are cute, I can use some of the small scrappy pieces of fabric I have left, and it's way cheaper to make something like this yourself than it is to buy it.

http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-elbow-patch/
ok.  So, maybe it's completely nerdy, but I want to put cute little felted heart patches on the elbows of all my cardigans.  All of them.  like this.  Um, can you say adorable?  I need to do this.  I think you do too.  We can all wear our hearts on our sleeves together!  (booo.  I know.  lame, but it had to be said.  Come on now.)

While we're on the topic of sprucing our old cardigans, why don't we also spruce up our old hoodies?  How about a cute pocket in a funky print?  Easy peasy, and another scrap-buster.

Now I just need to find some fun little projects to make with my brand new serger.  I've been wanting a serger forever.  My hubby pitched in to get me one for our five year wedding anniversary, and I'm loving it!  It's going to take me a while to figure it all out, but its pretty sweet, so I need some fun practice projects.

Well, this is a short post, but I am off to cut some flannel to make some wipes.  It's a perfect starter/practice project to make with my serger.  Heck, in the next week or two I will probably make so many that I may end up doing a little giveaway of a set.  =)  Every cloth diapering mama could use some nice flannel wipes.

What are your favorite pinterest projects these days?




No comments:

Post a Comment