Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Birthday Tooth

Tomorrow is Eisley's half birthday, and as an adorable yet painful present, it appears that she will be getting a tooth.  Her very first one!  I knew that sucker was going to make an appearance soon!

I have mixed emotions about this six-month-milestone.  I'm excited because, well, it's cute.  I mean, who doesn't love a sweet baby with one lone tooth sticking out?  At the same time, I am feeling a more than a little sad.  I love E's gummy smile, and I am really going to miss it.

It's the beginning of the end.  Babyhood can't last forever, this we all know, but I just wasn't prepared for how fast time goes.  I swear I was just in labor (for five days.  You know I can't let you forget that part.  wink) and meeting my pretty princess.  Six months, and a tooth.

Oh my.

Tomorrow when I take her 6 month photos, I have to make sure I get a great one of her naked gums, because it will be the last time they will ever be that way.  Unless she has awful oral hygiene and loses all her teeth as an old lady.  But I digress.  My baby is growing up.  Yes, she is still a baby, she still needs me for everything, she still poops in her pants and can't quite sit up on her own yet, but all of that will be gone before I know it.

I'm trying to really savor each day with my growing girl.  I'm trying to make a mental catalog of all the sweet moments, silly faces, and baby snuggles because I know that I am going to look back and MISS this.  

So for the next three minutes I will enjoy my 5 month old.  Then the clock will strike midnight, and she will be half-way to her first birthday.  Time goes so fast.  

©Copper Siegel.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment