Friday, August 24, 2012
The Things I've Learned- SIX MONTH Edition (Yikes!)
Well, Eisley is 6 months now! Holy moly! I just don't even know what to say about that. I am sort of in denial about the fact that she is halfway to one. She is changing so so much so quickly. She's rolling like a pro, she's never in the same spot in her crib as she was when I put her down. Half of the time she's not even facing the same direction. She has a tooth poking out of her little gums. The whole top part is out now, and I think I see another one starting to come up! She is able to sit up on her own leaning forward on her hands (although today she sat up without propping herself up! It was amazing!). She has been trying to make kissing noises. She does it every time I give her a smooch, and it's ridiculously adorable.
Her eyes are still blue, and she smiles all the time. She has gone from being a fussy baby to a silly happy baby, and I love it. She has such a big personality for such a little baby. And I am still learning so much! So here we go!
1. Every new milestone is amazing, but bittersweet. It's so incredible to watch your baby grow and change and learn new things, but it's a little sad knowing that every day brings them a little closer to the point where they don't need you. To their baby fat going away. To talking back instead of snuggling.
2. It's really important to focus on the moment, but it's also very difficult. Remind yourself over and over again if you have to that you'll only get this day one time, and you have to catalogue it in your heart and head.
3. Baby sleep goes in stages, but it doesn't always move forward. Don't get too used to 6 or 7 hour stretches. Your baby will start teething, and you'll be back to waking up every few hours. Somehow it will be harder than it was the last time your baby woke up that much.
4. You probably haven't bought yourself cute clothes since you got pregnant because you probably just aren't really satisfied with your post-baby-body. So you'll buy tons of clothes for your child. And there are soooooooo many cute little girl outfits out there. I want to buy them all, and you probably will too.
5. Taking walks on a cooler day is so much fun. How am I only learning this now, you may wonder? Well I don't know how it has been where you are, but it has been the hottest summer ever around here! I can't wait for fall, we will take so many walks.
6. Eisley loves solid foods. So much. If we don't get the food spooned into her mouth fast enough, she grunts and yells, and lets us know that she wants more, and she wants it now!
7. Baby poop takes on a life of it's own when you start them on solid foods.
9. Bath time is just as much fun as a parent as it is for your baby. There's nothing sweeter than watching them splash around and have a great time.
10. It hasn't even been a year that this sweet baby has been here, but you will start to forget what life was like before your baby came into this world. It will seem like they were always there, and they were always meant to be.
So, not too many hilarious revelations this month, but I am feeling sentimental. It has been an amazing six months, and I am just so blessed. I love my daughter and I love being a mom. I am learning so much about who I am, and who I am supposed to be, as well as who my daughter is. I can't wait to see what this next month will bring.