Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wait... it's been 11 months already?

My daughter is 11 months old.

Please give me a second so I can pick my jaw up off of the floor.

This is the last month of Eisley's babyhood.  Yikes.  I can't seem to wrap my mind around this.  I keep looking back on photos from the day she was born and I feel like it was three weeks ago.  I remember so vividly being pregnant, watching my stomach move and wave, feeling the braxton hicks contractions, and the beginning of a whole new kind of love.

Oh my, I need to get some more sleep because here I am getting all choked up about being pregnant with E and her first year of life.  I used to be able to cradle her tiny head in one hand and her tiny little booty in the other and she weighed next to nothing.  Now I have to cradle her head in the crook of my arm and put my other arm under her bum and legs.  She's huge!  Her legs dangle and everything!

She is just so much fun right now.  I love this age.  Well, honestly I've loved every age.  She is such a goof ball.  She loves to scrunch her nose up, part her lips into what looks like a snarl, and breathe loudly through her clenched teeth.  She thinks it's hilarious to stick her tongue out.  She loves to dance and shake her little booty, and she's standing up all the time (to the point that the kid doesn't sleep because she'd rather stand at the side of her crib and scream bloody murder in protest of bedtime).  She likes shoes.  A lot.  She really  likes to chew on shoes.  Speaking of chewing, she likes to eat everything.  I literally haven't found a food that she won't eat (which is awesome!)

I told myself three months ago that I would have her first birthday party planned by now, but do I?

I'll pause for dramatic effect so you can take a wild guess here.

I have done nothing.

Oops.  Time to get cracking.

Please ignore the disaster that is my house in this photo!  It's been a long week... ;)
I just can't believe my baby is going to be a toddler in a month.  I can't wait to see how she changes and grows in this next month, and the little lady she is becoming.  She's as beautiful as ever, and I am just as in love as ever (ok, well maybe even more so!)

I look at Eisley and she is changing.  Her legs are getting longer, her cheeks no longer cover her neck.  Her torso is elongating, and her face is thinning out.  I look at my baby and she is starting to look like a little girl.  I look at my daughter and I just can't believe that one year has brought so much change.  I'm a little scared to see what this next year will bring.  She's going to go from a toddler to big girl.  Oh my.

So I have three more weeks to enjoy my baby while she is still a baby.

Oh Eisley, you will only be a baby for three more weeks.  How you've grown and changed and turned into such a funny little one.





No comments:

Post a Comment